Whether it’s moving a meeting or an entire event online, one thing is for certain… the equipment you need can get confusing really fast! Sometimes your built in computer camera is perfect, but other times a few more equipment items are needed to accomplish your vision. We’ve broken it down into three tiers to help you evaluate the equipment you really need for difference scenarios and how they work together.
A simple setup that is one step above using your personal computer. Best for small group meetings.
- Boundary Microphone
- A group of 2-6 people are in one place, such as a boardroom, and need to do a video conference call.
- So the group does not need to hover around the computer screen to see
- The person(s) on the other end of the video conference call can be see and hear the group clearly
When high quality video is desired.
- Camera (DSLR) or PTZ camera
- Video Encoder
- A high-quality video image is needed or desired
- High quality audio
- Large group of people
- Better control of video image // example: resolution
To stream a live event or have a high-end webinar
- Video Encoder or Teradek
- When you want to add a Virtual Events element to an event
- Multiple inputs are needed. Examples: Video Playback, IMAG, PowerPoint, Images, Multiple Camera Angles